Saturday 14 May 2011

[Fantasy] A Dwarfs Tale - Stone Thrower III

The Stone Thrower, come mortar has been completed.  I have been working away all week and last night  got the beast finished.


As usual, there are some things I am not a big fan of.  I still cannot get the silver metallics to look right, they're OK but there is either too much contrast or too little between layers.  And Stymie Jackson from Bugman's Brewery was right, the base doesn't work amazingly well.  So next time I will be going back to using miliput, but will try to make the bases thinner, as not to use loads of putty.

However, overall I really like the mini.  It works well and fits with the look and feel of the army.  The conversion also turned out well.  Next up should be the BSB.  I am hoping to have the army done by the end of July, and remaining to paint is:

BSB
20 longbeards (metal)
organ gun
Lord
20 Hammerers

Still in two minds about the hammerers.  It would cost about £50 to order the metal ones from GW, and I really dislike how they look.  But if I don't order them soon, then judging by how GW are doing things at the moment, they'll be removed from stock.  Or I could try to convert them from the plastic kits, many attempts have been seen but don't really do it for me.  And my meagre green stuffing skills don't help this prospect.  Choices!

Here are a bunch of pictures of the mortar, let me know what you think:




1 comment:

  1. Mate that looks great- once had a dwarf army, now doing high elves (i know how could I!) but the dwarves always have a special place in my heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...