Monday 9 April 2012

Thoughts on increasing my dwarf army

Thoughts on updating and increasing my dwarf army, and the new blog look.


(Click the link below for more!)

First of all, as you can tell I am going on a Dwarf kick here.  Today I got the skin and beard of my runesmith sorted,the fella is a great looking red head (I have a great love for them).  Not only that but I also find that they're quite hard to paint well without it look like it's been dyed red.  Now, you're not seeing a picture for him as I didn't get chance and now the girlfriend has commandeered the desk for uni work.  So instead you can have a picture of Bugman I painted a while ago.  ;)

Last night I spent some time checking out dwarf army lists.  Now, even though I have been a Dwarf 'player' for nearly a decade, I have never really had any experience playing with them.  This sucks.  So when I came to expanding my army to 2500pts, I came unstuck.  Checking out lists I saw that the usual thing is to go large units of 25-40.  I have some warriors I am needing to expand and then a decision.  30 Quarrellers?  I have a love for shooty units, and wonder whether the large unit of these would be good.  I also need to convert up a unit of hammerers, then decide whether I want a second cannon or grudge thrower.

Now, the new blog look.  I was bored with the last one and wanted something generic and simple, and to finally make a banner.  The later is lame I know, but it's a banner.  I'm trying to keep it quite clean and tidy, so the new look I like.  If I can sort more stuff out later, I shall.

Oh and as a shout out as it's a real good view of a new player getting into the game, I suggest you check out Joey Warhammer  Yes, it's a girl playing warhammer, try to contain it guys but it is great to see someone's thoughts in yet another format - video.

4 comments:

  1. They new look is good. Your right on the big units thing anything less than 25/30 is not considered ideal, and you should always take GW.

    2 units of 25-30 Quarrellers is an option a lot of people go with backed with a lot of slayers running around. 2 GT's also seems to be popular. Depends on your play style and what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have realised this, played a couple of games last year and the hand weapon/shield combo just wasn't as good. And I'll look at upping them to 30 min sized.

    Yeah, I like the option for the lots of shooting and they will still be S5 in combat (GWs). Slayers I do love, but in the current game I think they are next to worthless. Too easy to kill. I am definitely considering the GT more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look is very neat and easily navigated mate. I like it a lot. As for the ginger Runesmith, lets have a look at him! I picked that Bugman miniature up a few weeks back on a pilgrimage to Warhammer World, I'm planning on making him with the barstool in hand, I love how it looks.

    That video blog you have linked is really interesting. The girl has some great perspectives on the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lifeless Loser - Thanks a lot. I am hoping to get pictures up tonight, I am pretty happy with how the beard looked. I just hope it looks as good in picture. I love the mini. I have the previous one as well (Bugman stood on a barrel), both are great minis.

    It is, it's a great look for new players.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...